Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions (GTC) for using the online platform cro-vacation.com
Only hosts will pay a 20% processing fee!
(Last updated version)
- Scope, amendment of General Terms and Conditions
- The General Terms and Conditions (GTC) below apply to the use of the platform www.cro-vacation.com (also: “platform”). This is a service of CRO Vacation
- “Users” within the sense of these General Terms and Conditions are natural and legal persons who have registered and whose registration has been confirmed by CRO Vacation.
- Cro-vacation offers the usage of its platform, in particular the use of the database, solely on the basis of these General Terms and Conditions.
- By registering for or using our services, users consent to the validity of these General Terms and Conditions.
- CRO Vacation reserves the right to amend its General Terms and Conditions effective for the future if an adjustment is necessitated by economic or legal grounds. The amendments will not become part of the agreement until the user consents to such amendments. It is sufficient for this purpose that CRO Vacation sends the new version of the General Terms and Conditions to the e-mail address that the user provided for information purposes. If the user does not contradict the amendments to the General Terms and Conditions within one week, consent will be considered to have been granted.
- Conflicting terms and conditions of the user have no effect (point 2.5 notwithstanding), even if CRO Vacation does not contradict them.
- Performance by Cro-vacation, performance by providers
- The platform is an online market place on which users can offer and rent apartments, houses, rooms or other accommodation (“accommodation”).
- On www.cro-vacation.com, CRO Vacation provides a platform on which users can communicate with each other and conclude agreements. CRO Vacation itself does not offer any accommodation; it merely acts as an intermediary for the conclusion of agreements between users.
- Leases are concluded exclusively between the user providing the accommodation (“provider”) and the user renting the accommodation (“tenant”). CRO Vacation itself is not a party to the leases concluded between the website’s users. However, CRO Vacation is entitled to act as a representative for the provider with the authority to conclude agreements and to conclude agreements on his behalf. However, the provider and the tenants are themselves responsible for satisfying their own contractual obligations. In the event of default, this must be negotiated between the users. CRO Vacation saves and will transmit the contact data of both parties for this purpose.
- CRO Vacation does not examine the legality, accuracy or completeness of offers published on the platform or user content, and these do not represent the views of CRO Vacation. CRO Vacation is not responsible for third-party offerings or content.
- Providers can apply their own terms and conditions to the accommodation they are renting that do not affect the General Terms and Conditions of CRO Vacation.
- Providers and tenants are responsible for their adherence to the provisions governed by public law, including municipal codes regarding property rental.
- Registration, realisation of the user agreement, contractual declarations
- User registration is required for the use of CRO Vacation offering. Registration is free of charge and requires that users accept CRO Vacation General Terms and Conditions. The user agreement between CRO Vacation and the user arises on receipt of the registration confirmation e-mail at the e-mail address provided by the user. There is no claim to the conclusion of such a user agreement.
- Registration is available only to natural persons, legal persons and partnerships that are fully legally competent. The registration of a legal person or partnership may be performed only by a natural person with power of representation who must be named. When registering, only individual persons may be given as the owner of the user account (i.e. no married couples or families).
- When registering, the user undertakes to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete information as required by the registration form, in particular first and last name, current address (not a PO box), a valid e-mail address and, where appropriate, the name of the company and an authorised representative. The data must be up-to-date and correct at all times. Multiple registrations under different member names are prohibited. When registering, the user chooses a member name and a password. The member name cannot be an e-mail or Internet address, must not violate third-party rights – in particular naming or trademark rights – and must not transgress the bounds of common decency. After registration, the user is assigned a password and a name for his user account.
- The user can receive contractual declarations at his stated e-mail address.
- By approving the general terms and conditions, the user agrees to receive newsletters and similar information via e-mail. The user can revoke their consent at any time without any costs.
- User obligations, user account, system integrity
- The user is solely responsible for all content that he places on the platform. In his relationship to CRO Vacation, he commits not to place illegal content on the platform and to refrain from actions that violate laws.
- The provider is responsible for ensuring that the accommodation he offers is described
correctly and completely. He must provide the information in CRO Vacation required fields at a
minimum so that the accommodation and the offer are described with sufficient accuracy.
In addition, the provider is free to stipulate further conditions such as the amount of any
deposit, the cost of final cleaning, cancellation options, etc. The various cancellation
policies that can be agreed are available under cancellation policies. The user
undertakes to keep the information in his user account up-to-date and accurate at all
times, i.e. to correct it immediately in the event of a change. A user account cannot be
- The user undertakes to use his user account himself only and to keep his password secret.
- The user is liable to CRO Vacation for all actions performed using his user account, unless the user is not responsible for the misuse of his user account.
- Once the user is aware that third parties have access to his user data or have otherwise gained access to his user account, he must notify CRO Vacation of this immediately. CRO Vacation is entitled to then block the user account until the situation has been clarified.
- Each user must independently verify the identity of his respective contract partner. CRO Vacation accepts no liability for the accuracy of the user contact information entered on the platform.
- The user undertakes to set up his systems and programmes in connection with the use of CRO Vacation offering in a way that ensures that the security, integrity and availability of systems set up by CRO Vacation to provide its services are not affected. Users must not block, rewrite, or modify content generated by CRO Vacation or interfere with the CRO Vacation offering in any other way that contravenes the purpose of the user agreement. CRO Vacation is entitled to set up the required measures in accordance with section 12 as are necessary to ensure the system integrity of CRO Vacation or third-party systems.
- Users must not use addresses, contact data, or e-mail addresses that they obtain by using the website for any purpose other than for contractual communication. In particular, these data must not be forwarded to unauthorised persons or used to send advertising, unless the user in question has expressly granted his consent in advance.
- The user absolutely must not send mass messages with the same content via the platform. Any spamming or similarly harassing action towards other users or third parties is prohibited.
- Each user is himself responsible for archiving any information that can be viewed on the website and saved by CRO Vacation that is required for the purposes of preservation of evidence, accounting, etc. on a storage medium independent of CRO Vacation.
- In the event of a violation of these General Terms and Conditions by a user, CRO Vacation is entitled to exercise its virtual householder rights. CRO Vacation can exclude the user in question from using its services, delete the content he uses, or take other measures within the meaning of section
- CRO Vacation will take legal action to exercise its legitimate rights to forbearance and compensation.
- Handling of content and rights
- Within the framework of the platform’s functionality, providers can present to potential tenants using a variety of media. Certain rules must be complied with to ensure that the various media are utilised legally so that neither the user nor CRO Vacation can be made liable. These rules derive, for example, from laws protecting copyrights and brands in addition to these General Terms and Conditions.
- CRO Vacation saves for the user the multimedia content uploaded by him (images, text, etc.) or merely arranges the necessary memory space and access to it. Users themselves are therefore solely responsible for the multimedia content they upload to CRO Vacation and indemnify CRO Vacation against all third-party claims resulting from this. In particular, this indemnification also includes the costs of appropriate prosecution and legal defence.
- Users will therefore ensure that the uploaded content does not violate applicable law or legal provisions, common decency, or in particular third-party rights (naming rights, personality rights, copyright, data protection rights, etc.). The user also undertakes not to utilise content that is pornographic, glorifies violence, or is race baiting. This also applies to the sending of e-mails and other electronic communication media of the platform.
- By uploading multimedia content, users transfer to CRO Vacation a free, revocable, unlimited, non-local right of use that can be sublicensed to the multimedia content uploaded to CRO Vacation by the user. In particular, the right of use comprises the right to process the multimedia content for the purposes of the platform and to make it available to the public offline, in printed or electronic form, by wired or wireless connection, in such a way that it is accessible to members of the public at places and times of their choosing, including playback on their chosen receiver terminal that allows online access, in particular stationary and portable computer and mobile handheld devices such as smartphones, tablets and similar equipment. The usage rights also include the right to integrate multimedia content, including advertising media, on websites from CRO Vacation’s contractual partners.
- The content offered via CRO Vacation is protected by copyright. The platform is generally accessed and utilised individually by a natural person using a web browser. The use of technologies such as web spiders, crawlers, or similar programmes, the purpose of which is not just the indexing of content but also the mass accessing and saving of the platform’s content is prohibited. This also applies in particular to technologies that enable so-called screen scraping and other third-party services.
- In the event of a violation of these prohibitions and the guidelines of these General Terms and Conditions, CRO Vacation is entitled to refuse acceptance of content, to delete and block content immediately and to delete the pages and links to them immediately. In such cases the user has no right to the restoration of his multimedia content on the internet platform or the release of his deleted user profile.
- Availability and amendment of the website
- The user has no legal claim to permanent use of the platform. In particular, CRO Vacation is not required to ensure that the platform is available or can be reached at all times. However, CRO Vacation endeavours to maintain operation of the platform with as few disruptions as possible and to continue to develop it in line with user requirements.
- CRO Vacation can temporarily restrict use if this is necessary in terms of security, integrity, capacity limits, or the performance of technical measures (maintenance work). In particular, CRO Vacation will take users’ legitimate interests into account by notifying them in advance.
- Liability for third-party sites
- The platform’s pages also include links to websites on the Internet maintained by third parties, the content of which is not known to CRO Vacation. CRO Vacation merely provides access to the websites and accepts no responsibility for the content. The links to third-party Internet sites merely serve to facilitate navigation. CRO Vacation does not espouse the views expressed on the sites to which it links, and rather hereby expressly distances itself from all content on all websites that it links to on its platform.
- The owners of the Internet sites to which the CRO Vacation platform hyperlinks are solely responsible for both their content and the goods or services offered for sale there.
- Booking process, payment, invoicing
- By listing an accommodation on the CRO Vacation website, the provider is issuing an invitation to submit offers. Another user can submit an offer to conclude a lease for this accommodation. The agreement arises if the provider accepts this offer within 24 hours in a manner intended by CRO Vacation. Otherwise, the other user is no longer bound to his offer.
- Cancellations are considered to be withdrawals before the planned check-in. One of the options shown under Cancellation Policies can be agreed. Refunds required as a result will be paid by CRO Vacation to the user using the same channel chosen by him within the meaning of section 8.4.3.
- The provider must ensure that:
- the description of the accommodation and the images used do not violate the law or third-party rights and that they relate only to the accommodation on offer.
- successfully booked accommodation is indicated accordingly.
- information uploaded does not constitute references to third-party content.
- he complies with public law regulations, particularly those for payment, factoring and tax law obligations, which may also include any obligations under sales tax law or indirect tax obligations. The provider will be solely responsible of the obligations and duties of the offer content. CRO Vacation is entitled to verify the offer of the users and ask for the corresponding proofs.
- The payment process shall take place under the following provisions:
- The agreement arises by way of a total price shown at the end of the booking. This consists of the rent and the processing fee, which comprises an administration component and a property-based component determined by the rent. After a booking has been made, CRO Vacation notifies users of its content and the total price.
- CRO Vacation is entitled to change the amount of processing fees at any time. This does not apply to leases already concluded. The provider will be notified of the amount of the processing fee by e-mail in a timely manner together with the booking inquiry.
- The tenant must pay the total price shown in the booking, possibly in several instalments, by way of the channel chosen in the booking process. CRO Vacation receives the money from the tenant on behalf of the provider and holds it for the provider in a non-interest-bearing trust account. If debt collection is unsuccessful, the tenant must reimburse any additional costs incurred. This does not apply if the tenant is not responsible for the failure of debt collection.
- On conclusion of the booking process, the tenant instructs CRO Vacation to transfer the rent to the provider 24 hours after the start of his stay in the rented accommodation. If use of the accommodation is not transferred to the tenant as per contractual arrangement, the tenant has the right to revoke this instruction to CRO Vacation. Instructions to CRO Vacation must be revoked immediately stating grounds and using the contact form.
- The provider shall satisfy his obligation to pay the processing fee to CRO Vacation by way of CRO Vacation transferring this from the trust account to his own, so that the provider does not have to make any further payments.
- Users can offset CRO Vacation processing fees against receivables only if these are due and have been legally established or are undisputed. Receivables cannot be transferred to third parties.
- On request, the provider must issue the tenant with an invoice for the total price. On request, CRO Vacation will issue the provider with an invoice for the processing fee, though this will be shown without sales tax or similar indirect taxes in accordance with tax law provisions, unless expressly stated otherwise in these regulations.
- Unless CRO Vacation is notified otherwise, it is refutably assumed that the provider operates in a business capacity and is aware of his resulting (sales) tax obligations and satisfies these accordingly. CRO Vacation is entitled to demand corresponding evidence of the provider’s business capacity.
- The provider reserves the right to additionally charge other on-site costs based on consumption and use (in particular: electricity, water, heating). The provider must advise the tenant that he has a basic right to charge these costs before concluding the agreement. Such costs are not taken into account in the calculation of the processing fee. This also applies to any security deposit.
- Booking vouchers issued by CRO Vacation can be used by tenants to make bookings within set periods. Tenants do not receive any payment.
- Users are prohibited from circumventing the above booking and payment processes, in particular the processing fees.
- Security deposit
- The provider is entitled to charge a security deposit in his offer. If a provider demands a security deposit from the tenant on the day of arrival, corresponding information on the amount of the security deposit and the payment method must have already been mentioned in the offer. The amount of the security deposit must be stipulated prior to the booking. It must also be clarified in advance when the amount must be paid (e.g. three months before arrival, in cash on arrival).
- If the provider did not mention the security deposit when advertising his accommodation, but demands a security deposit at a later time and the tenant does not agree, this constitutes a refusal to render performance by the provider under the agreed contract. In such cases, CRO Vacation reserves the right to cancel the booking and to charge the provider a cancellation fee.
- CRO Vacation is not responsible for the administration of security deposits or for any claims asserted by the provider.
- Review system
- The website allows users to review each other after performance of the agreement. Reviews are intended to provide meaningful information on users’ trustworthiness. The reviews are not reviewed in advance by CRO Vacation.
- Users undertake to make only truthful statements in the reviews they submit and to comply with the corresponding legal provisions. The reviews expressed by users must not violate third-party rights, in particular personality rights. They must be objective and must not contain defamatory criticism.
- Any use of the review system contrary to the purpose of the review system is prohibited. In particular, users are prohibited from issuing reviews about themselves or arranging for third parties to let information be known in reviews that is unrelated to the settlement of the underlying agreement, and are prohibited from using reviews for any purpose other than presentation on the website.
- CRO Vacation does not intervene in the review system without justifiable grounds. Reviews issued will be neither amended nor removed by CRO Vacation unless CRO Vacation is legally and specifically required to do so. Reviews cannot be altered after they have been posted. They are saved permanently in a user’s reviews profile and can be viewed by all users. CRO Vacation is entitled to add notes to a review if this is useful for clarification and a better understanding of the review in question. The only case where CRO Vacation will publish a review in place of a user is if the Host has cancelled a booking, in which case an automatic one-star review will be published on the offer.
- If reviews are abused by a user, CRO Vacation shall have the right to remove the review as an exception and to take the measures stated in section 12. This applies in particular if:
- the review must be removed on account of an enforceable court ruling against those who issued the review;
- the comment contains remarks that are vulgar, obscene, racist, not suitable for minors, or criminally offensive;
- the review contains another member’s personal information, such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address;
- the review contains unauthorised links or scripts;
- if a user has inadvertently posted a negative review for the wrong user, but has already corrected this error and assigned the same review to the correct user;
- the review was issued by a person who was not authorised to make the booking;
- the review comes from a user whose user account was blocked by CRO Vacation within 90 days of registration. This does not apply to user accounts that are blocked for non-payment of a processing fee or in situations where users are granted the opportunity to solve the problem and the user account is restored.
- Both parties to the agreement can agree to withdraw a review that has already been issued. The review point will be removed and will no longer be included in the reviews profile.
- Duration, termination
- The user agreement is concluded for an indefinite period.
- The user can terminate it at any time without notice. A declaration of termination to CRO Vacation in written form (e.g. letter, fax, e-mail) is sufficient. User’s leases with other users that have already been proven or arranged remain unaffected by the termination of the agreement. This applies accordingly to claims for the payment of processing fees already due.
- CRO Vacation can terminate the user agreement at any time with two weeks’ notice.
- This does not affect the right to block, the right to terminate for just cause or individually agreed rights of termination of the user. In particular, CRO Vacation has just cause if:
- The user does not comply with a not merely insignificant payment obligation in full or in part, despite having been sent a reminder with an appropriate deadline;
- The user violates his obligations under these General Terms and Conditions and does not take remedial action despite having been sent a reminder with a timely deadline. A reminder is not needed if this is not expected to be successful or if the breach is sufficiently severe that it would be unreasonable for CRO Vacation to maintain the agreement. Furthermore, the severity of the offence can also result from the fact that the user has already been warned several times for similar violations;
- Requirements of law, a court, or an official authority mean that the use of the platform can no longer be offered in this form;
- CRO Vacation discontinues its platform or business activities;
- Insolvency proceedings are initiated for the user’s assets owing to a lack of funds.
- Measures in the event of illegal conduct and/or conduct in breach of contract by the user
- If there are specific indications that a user is culpably violating legal provisions, thirdparty rights, or the General Terms and Conditions or if CRO Vacation otherwise has a legitimate interest, particularly with regard to protecting its users against fraudulent activities, CRO Vacation can take one or more of the following actions subject to termination without notice:
- Issue the user with a warning;
- Delete the user’s offers or other content;
- Restrict the user’s use of the website;
- Temporarily or permanently exclude (block) the user from the website;
- Contest and cancel existing leases in the name of the provider without taking into account the otherwise applicable cancellation policies, and reject the user’s offers for the conclusion of a lease in the name of the provider.
- CRO Vacation also takes the legitimate interests of the user in question into consideration when choosing these measures.
- Leases that have already been concluded between the user and other users are not affected by deletion of an offer. This applies accordingly to claims for the payment of processing fees already due. An effective lease does not arise if CRO Vacation deletes an offer before it is accepted by a user.
- CRO Vacation reserves the right to block a user in any of the following cases, taking the legitimate interests of the user into account. CRO Vacation has the right to block a user when:
- the user has repeatedly received negative reviews in the review system as per section 10 and must be blocked to protect the interests of other market participants;
- the user has provided incorrect contact information in his user account, in particular an incorrect or invalid email address;
- a user account is transferred to another party;
- the user significantly harms other users, in particular if their accommodations and/or furnishings are damaged, destroyed, stolen, etc.;
- there is just cause due to similar risk and responsibility of the user.
- a user shows a capture rate that is significantly lower than the average rate and an improvement cannot be predicted.
- After a user has been permanently blocked by CRO Vacation, he is not entitled to have the blocked user account or the reviews profile restored. The user will also no longer be permitted to use the website with other user accounts or to re-register.
- If there are specific indications that a user is culpably violating legal provisions, thirdparty rights, or the General Terms and Conditions or if CRO Vacation otherwise has a legitimate interest, particularly with regard to protecting its users against fraudulent activities, CRO Vacation can take one or more of the following actions subject to termination without notice:
- CRO Vacation’s liability
- CRO Vacation is fully liable for damages caused with intent or through gross negligence by CRO Vacation, its employees or agents, for fraudulent concealment of defects, if a guarantee was expressly assumed and for damages arising from injury to life, body and health.
- CRO Vacation is liable for other damages only if they arise from violation of a duty whose fulfilment makes the proper implementation of the agreement possible and compliance with which is regularly trusted by the parties to the agreement. Its duty to pay compensation is limited to such damages considered typical for the agreement and foreseeable. This does not affect any liability under the Produkthaftungsgesetz (German Product Liability Act). For more information about our subsidiary liability insurance, please refer to the end of the terms and conditions.
- As CRO Vacation does not participate in the contractual relationship between the tenant and the provider, CRO Vacation accepts no liability for contracts for accommodation.
- Closing provisions
- CRO Vacation is authorised to transfer its rights and obligations under this agreement in full or in part to third parties.
- This agreement is subject solely to the substantive laws of the Federal Republic of Germany with the exception of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods and German international private law.
- If the user is a consumer within the meaning of section 13 of the Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch (BGB – German Civil Code), this does not affect the mandatory consumer protection regulations in which the consumer is ordinarily resident.
- If individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions are or become wholly or partially invalid, the other General Terms and Conditions are still valid. In the event of such a provision being invalid, it shall be replaced by a legal provision.
- All declarations to be sent in connection with the user agreement to be concluded with CRO Vacation must be issued in writing or by email. The postal address and email address of a user are those that are stated as the current contact data in the user’s user account.
- CRO Vacation GmbH has engaged its subsidiary CRO Vacation to process its credit card transactions.
- How does a cancellation work?
- The cancellation policies are selected by the provider. The provider can choose one of three different policies: flexible, moderate, or strict. These policies are designed to protect both providers and tenants. If he doesn’t choose any of them, free cancellation policies will be in use (3.2.).
- In accordance with the cancellation policy, cancellations are considered to be withdrawals before the planned check-in.
- How do I cancel a booking?
- To ensure a smooth and secure process, all cancellations must be processed through CRO Vacation.
- If you wish to cancel a booking, please contact our customer support team.
- Cancellations made by the guest must be communicated in text form. Cancellations must include the booking code and must be sent from the guest’s email address registered with CRO Vacation and noted in his user profile.
- Hosts must cancel their bookings through CRO Vacation’s cancellation page, which is available on the “My Listings” page in “My Account”. By cancelling though this page, an automated cancellation in text form will be generated and sent to CRO Vacation’s Customer Support.
- Please note that a cancellation is not official until after you have received a confirmation e-mail from CRO Vacation.
- Our customer support team will immediately handle your cancellation request and inform your provider or tenant. You do not have to take any further action.
- If the tenant cancels, how are the reimbursement to the tenant and payment to the provider calculated?
3.1. General regulations
- The amount refunded to the tenant is dependent on when a booking is cancelled and the cancellation policy chosen by the provider, or imposed by CRO Vacation.
- To ensure a smooth and secure process, all cancellations must be processed through CRO Vacation.
- The refundable amount depends on the cancellation policy. The respective amount of the cancellation fee is shown in the booking process. The regulations under section 8.4. regarding payment processes apply accordingly.
- Regardless of the cancellation policy chosen by the provider, tenants themselves are responsible for proving that the provider incurs no loss or a significantly lesser loss than the cancellation fee.
3.2. Individual cancellation policies
Cancellation Policy: Free Cancellation
You will be refunded the total price (including the CRO Vacation Service fee) if you cancel the booking at least 3 days before check-in by 12 noon CET (Central European Time). For cancellations that are made less than, 3 days before check-in, you will be refunded 5% of the total price minus the CRO Vacation service fee.
Cancellation Policy: Flexible
You will be refunded the total price minus the cancellation fee if you cancel the booking at least 1 days before check-in by 12 noon CET (Central European Time). For cancellations that are made less than 1 days before check-in, you will be refunded 5% of the total price minus the cancellation fee.
Cancellation Policy: Moderate
You will be refunded the total price minus the cancellation fee if you cancel the booking at least 7 days before check-in by 12 noon CET (Central European Time). For cancellations that are made less than 7 days before check-in, you will be refunded 5% of the total price minus the cancellation fee.
Cancellation Policy: Strict
You will be refunded half of the total price minus the cancellation fee if you cancel the booking at least 14 days before check-in by 12 noon CET (Central European Time) For cancellations that are made less than 14 days before check-in, you will be refunded 5% of the total price minus the cancellation fee.
- What happens if the host cancels?
- CRO Vacation takes booking cancellation very seriously as it gives a negative experience to guests.
- In the case of a cancellation by the host, the guest will be reimbursed the full price of the booking. In such cases, no cancellation fees will be incurred by the guest.
- CRO Vacation will help the guest find alternative accommodation.
- The host must pay a cancellation fee of 15%of the total price of the booking. The cancellation fee will rise to 50% of the total price if the host cancels the booking less than 8 days before check-in. If the booking had been accepted with “Instant Booking” and the booking is then cancelled within 24 hours after confirmation, the fee will be 5%.
- The cancellation fee will be deducted from the host’s next booking.
- The host will not receive a payment from any bookings they have cancelled.
- The listing connected to the cancelled booking will be penalized in the rankings; this could lead to less booking requests in the future.
- A one-star review will automatically be added to the reviews section of the listing connected to the cancelled booking.
- Special cancellation policies
In the event of bereavement within the family (mother, father, husband/wife, sister, brother, child) between seven days and 24 hours before arrival, the guest will be reimbursed the full price. The host will have no claim to payment. No cancellation fees will be incurred. Less than 24 hours before arriving, the guest will receive 75% and the host 25% of the total price. No cancellation fees will be incurred. A death certificate is required as proof.
5.2. Natural disasters and other unforeseeable events
If natural disasters (avalanche, blizzard, cyclone, hurricane, earthquake, flood, landslide, lightning), war, terrorist attacks or nuclear accidents make it impossible for the host to meet his booking obligations (and he can prove that no alternative, similar accommodation is available) the guest will be reimbursed 100% of the total price. No cancellation fees will be incurred. This also applies if means of transportation are damaged and the guest is unable to reach the accommodation in some other way and can provide evidence of this.
- What happens if problems occur after check in?
- If you have serious grounds for complaint when checking in, please contact our Customer Support teamwithin 24 hours. If the accommodation has not been left in the condition as described in the agreement, we will send corresponding complaints to the host. After reviewing the case, we will deduct the amount to be paid to the host accordingly and refund the rest to you.
- Please note that a refund is possible only if we receive your complaint within 24 hours after checking in.
- CRO Vacation reserves the right to demand payment at least in the amount of the processing fee from the host.
Protecting your personal data is very important to us. As far as we collect, process or use personal information about you as part of the services provided, we do so in accordance with the relevant German and European data protection laws.
What data does CRO Vacation use?
We use the personal information actively provided by you for the implementation and use of our services:
- When you visit or use our website
When you access our platform, for example, to search for accommodation, post listings, make bookings, accept booking requests, pay for accommodation, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users or CRO Vacation, we may store information such as your IP address, the time and date of your visit, how you are using our platform, your browser type and information about your computer’s operating system as well as the pages you have visited and your original website.
If you are using a mobile device, we also collect device-specific settings and characteristics and device location data. This data will be stored whether or not you are registered with CRO Vacation or have logged into your CRO Vacation user account.
- After registration
You can create a personal user account on our website. This allows you to save your personal settings, to post a listing or make a booking.
CRO Vacation requires your email address, a freely chosen password, a form of address, your first name and surname and your payment details to set up an account. The given email address serves as access identification for your user account. After successful registration, you will automatically receive a confirmation email. You can update your personal data in the settings of your user account at any time.
How do we collect data?
We use ‘persistent’ cookies. They remain on the user’s computer to simplify personalisation and registration services the next time our site is visited. Cookies can, for example, store what the user has selected. The user can manually remove the cookies at any time.
We also use ‘session’ cookies. These do not remain on the user’s computer. Once the user leaves the site, these temporary cookies are deleted. By collecting the information, we can analyse the usage patterns and structures of the site. In this way we can continuously improve our services, for example, the content, personalisation and simplicity of the site.
You can visit our website without cookies being stored in your browser. You can restrict or disable the storage of cookies in your browser settings at any time. However, this can lead to restrictions in the functionality and usability of our website. To opt out of third-party providers’ interest-based advertising, simply check the box that corresponds to the respective company on www.youronlinechoices.com.
- Web analytics and tracking
By means of so-called ‘tracking tools’ used on the website, data is collected and stored for marketing and optimisation purposes. The user can object to future data collection and storage at any time.
- Google Analytics
Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to and shortened by a Google server in the USA. On behalf of CRO Vacation, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our website, for compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to CRO Vacation. The IP address, transmitted by your browser through Google Analytics, will not be merged with any other data stored by Google.
You can prevent Google’s collection of data generated by cookies relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
- Google Adwords
We also use the online advertising programme Google AdWords and conversion tracking, which is part of Google Adwords. Google Conversion Tracking is an analysis service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; “Google”). When you click on an advert displayed by Google, a cookie for conversion tracking is stored on your computer. These cookies expire after 30 days, do not contain any personal data and are therefore not used for personal identification.
If you visit certain pages of our website and the cookie has not yet expired, we and Google will be able to see that you clicked on the advert and were brought to this page. Every Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. This ensures that cookies cannot be tracked on the websites of AdWords customers.
The information collected by means of the conversion cookie is used to compile conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. These statistics show the customer the total number of users who have clicked on their advert, and which of those customers have been redirected to a page equipped with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not contain any information that can be used to personally identify users.
For the statistical evaluation of our websites, we use technology from Webtrekk. We use Webtrekk services to collect data on the use of our website. This data is used to permanently improve and optimise our offers thus making them more interesting for you.
A direct personal reference is excluded at all times. The data thus collected is used to generate anonymous usage profiles, which form the basis for web statistics. The data collected using Webtrekk technology is not used to identify website visitors personally, without their specific consent, and is not merged with the personal data of the bearer of the pseudonym.
Any collected and saved data by Webtrekk can be objected to at any time with future effect. By providing confirmation via this link, a so-called opt-out cookie is set on your data carrier. The validity period of this cookie is 5 years. Please note that, when deleting all cookies on your computer, this opt-out-cookie is also deleted. If you want to continue to object anonymised data collection by Webtrekk, you must set the opt-out cookie again. The opt-out cookie is set per browser and computer. If you visit our web pages from different devices or using different browsers, you must enable the opt-out cookie on each of the different browsers or computers.
- New Relic
We use the plugin New Relic.
When a user visits a web page which contains such a plugin, their browser builds a direct connection to the servers of New Relic. Therefore, the provider has no influence on the scope of data collected by New Relic and informs the user according to its current information.
By integrating the plugin, New Relic receives the information that a user has accessed the corresponding page of the offer. If the user is logged in at New Relic, New Relic may assign their visit to their account at New Relic. If a user is not a member of New Relic, there is still the possibility that New Relic will detect and save their IP address.
The purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of data by New Relic, as well as the corresponding rights and settings to protect the privacy of users.
If a user is a member of New Relic and does not want New Relic to collect and store personal data about them, the user must logout of New Relic before visiting the website.
Our website uses so called re-targeting technology. We use this technology to make our internet offers as appealing to you as possible. This technology allows internet users who are already interested in our offers to respond to the advertising on our partner websites.
- Criteo GmbH
We also use tracking technology from Criteo GmbH. This technology allows us to address internet users who have visited our website via targeted product recommendations in the form of advertising banners on the websites of our partners. Such advertising banners are displayed on our partners’ sites based on cookies and an analysis of your previous user behaviour. This analysis is conducted anonymously; no usage profiles are merged with your real name.
- Google Customer Match
We use Google Customer Match on our website. It matches a list of email addresses from CRO Vacation to registered users on Google. If the email address is registered with the service, personalised advertising can be displayed. The email addresses are only evaluated anonymously.
You may object to the collection and storage of data by Google Customer Match at any time with effect for the future.
- Facebook Custom Audiences
We use the tool Facebook Custom Audiences provided by the company Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA (hereinafter “Facebook”), which enables Facebook to display advertising banners on our behalf. Thus, we transmit your email address in encrypted form to Facebook. If you are a Facebook member, Facebook recognizes that you are also registered with CRO Vacation.
- Web beacons / pixels
We may also use pixels. A pixel is a tiny graphic that is only one pixel in size and is sent to your computer either via a web page request or in an HTML email format. These pixels are used either directly or by third parties as a part of online advertising on our website or third-party websites. This enables us to learn whether a customer viewing the advertisement actually makes a booking. In addition, this makes it possible to track conversion through partner websites and to analyse the traffic patterns of users on the website in order to optimise our offers for you.
- Social plugins (Facebook Connect)
When using Facebook Connect, data available to the public and data from your Facebook profile published on Facebook is transmitted to our website. Conversely, data from our website or the CRO Vacation app can also be transmitted to your Facebook profile. Your transmitted data is stored and processed by CRO Vacation for the purpose of registration on our platform.
By registering on our platform via Facebook Connect, you agree to the transfer of data from your Facebook profile to CRO Vacation, and the transfer of data on CRO Vacation to Facebook.
- Log files
During every visit to our site, usage data will be transmitted by the respective Internet browser and stored in server log files.
The log file data is analysed anonymously to further improve our offers, to make the site easier to use, to detect and to fix errors more quickly and to control server capacity.
- Contact form
You can directly contact CRO Vacation using the contact form found in the imprint. The data provided in the contact form is collected, processed and used by CRO Vacation solely to attend to your request.
CRO Vacation uses the email address used to create your user account to send you information about general promotions and offers from CRO Vacation via email, provided that you have agreed to receive the newsletter. CRO Vacation may personalise the newsletter content in a way that it contains information CRO Vacation considers to be of particular interest to you. For such a personalisation of information, CRO Vacation considers your booking history, i.e. past bookings and offers previously viewed on the website.
You can manage your settings for the CRO Vacation newsletter within your user account. You can also opt-out of receiving the newsletter by using the contact form.
What do we use your data for?
CRO Vacation uses your information:
- to enable you to access and use the platform;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our platform, such as to analyse, conduct research, personalise or otherwise customise your experience, and for promotional activities;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and more secure environment on our platform and services, particularly fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying the address of your listings, verifying any identification provided by you, and conducting checks against databases;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to administer rewards, referral programs, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by CRO Vacation or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and to enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about CRO Vacation or general promotions for partner campaigns and services, provided that you agreed to receiving the newsletter. You can opt-out of receiving such communication (see ‘newsletter’ section).
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
- In order to complete your reservation, we pass on your personal information to third parties. To do this, relevant reservation details need to be transferred to the accommodation you have booked. This may include information such as your name, contact details, payment details, any preferences specified when making a booking and the names of guests travelling with you. This information may also be used by CRO Vacation or the accommodation to provide you with personalised information related to a reservation. If you have a query about your reservation, we may contact the host and ask them to handle your request.
- We may use service providers, such as data processors, to process your personal data on our behalf. This is done to allow the facilitation of reservation payments, sending of marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are forbidden to use your personal data for their own or any other purpose.
- We disclose personal data to law enforcement or other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or the authorities, or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
- We work with business partners around the world to distribute or advertise accommodation and to help our business partners distribute and advertise their travel-related services. This may mean that their services are integrated into our website or they have been enabled to show a customised advertisement on our website – or we are advertising on their website. When you make a reservation on one of our business partners’ websites, certain personal data given will be forwarded to us. Certain business partners may receive your personal data from us if requested. When you make a reservation on a business partner’s website, please read the privacy policies on these business partners’ websites for more information.
Revocation of consents
You may revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future free of charge under firstname.lastname@example.org or by written notice to CRO Vacation.
Information and correction
You have the right to free information about your saved personal data.
You may revoke your consent to store, process and use data at any time with effect for the future.